- Annual Qualifying Income – The requirement for calculations to be included on the Income Calculation worksheet have been removed and should now be included on Attachment 9-B, the underwriter transmittal summary, FNMA form 1008/Freddie form 1077, or equivalent
- 4506-T – The requirement for asset statements to be reviewed to ensure borrowers have no additional income sources has been removed.
- Repayment Income – MCC income must now be included in repayment income.
- Boarder Income – USDA now considers a boarder as a household member and a boarder’s income must now be included in annual income calculation. Rent paid by boarders that is reported on tax returns must also be included in annual income.
- Capital Gains – USDA removed requirement from Repayment Income to provide evidence showing borrowers own additional property or assets that may be sold if additional income is needed to support the mortgage obligation
- Commission – The borrower must now show one year history in same or similar line of work to include commission in repayment income.
- Fellowship, Stipend, Scholarship – Scholarship award letters must now provide date of termination and USDA will no longer presume benefits with no expiration date will continue. USDA also added guidelines for GI Bill income and stated it cannot be included in annual or repayment income.
- MCC – This income must now be included in repayment income, but no history is required. A copy of the W-4 from employer is required to verify borrower is taking tax credit on monthly basis. Note: MCC’s are ineligible with FWL as qualifying income.
- Unreimbursed Business Income – only taxable income is allowed to be included in repayment income
- Section 8 – USDA removed requirement for section 8 income to be deducted from the monthly PITI to determine DTI if it is paid directly to the loan servicer when included in the repayment income.
- Self Employed Income – Federal tax returns must now be reviewed to determine gross income for annual calculations. Removed requirement to deduct business loss before entering as repayment income into GUS or on loan application. Clarified documentation requirements as most recent 2 years of federal tax returns / transcripts & YTD P&L may be audited or unaudited
- Social Security Income – clarified documentation options and will allow social security benefit statement or form SSA-1099/1042S to source
- Temporary Leave – The history requirements for repayment income has been changed and now income must be received by loan closing.
- Cash on Hand – The underwriter must review the reasonableness of accumulation based upon income stream, spending habits, etc. and cash on hand can no longer be included in reserves
- Gift Funds – Clarification provided on how gift funds must be sourced when gift funds have been deposited into borrower’s account, not deposited into borrower’s account, or if funds are being wired directly to the settlement agent.
- Large Deposits – USDA no longer addresses lump sum additions.
Kentucky USDA Guideline Updates for
Kentucky USDA Homes for Sale