Kentucky USDA Loan Property Eligibility Map
Click on the image below, then enter address, to see if house is located in a Kentucky USDA Rural Housing Eligible area.
- USDA loan are only available in certain counties of Kentucky.
- There are two types of USDA loans available: Direct and Guaranteed.
- 100% financing. No down payment
- USDA will go down to 581 score and uses and automated underwriting pre-approval system called GUS-Guarantee Underwriting System. The GUS findings will dictate your loan pre-approval.
- Income limits based on county and number of people in household.
- Must be 3 years removed from bankruptcy and foreclosure
- No purchase price limit
- Upfront funding fee of 1% of loan amount paid to RD at closing
- Annual mi fee of .35% paid each month for life of loan.
- Takes on average 30-45 days to close.
- 30 year fixed rate is the only term available and rates are usually comparable to FHA and VA government mortgage insured rates.
- Do not have to be a first time home buyer and can currently own another home if USDA deems the current living situation not suitable.
- Appraisal has to meet FHA minimum standards
- You can buy a home with land on USDA Loans as long as the property does not have any agricultural characteristics or income producing capabilities.
- There is no set max acreage but the appraisal will dictate approval of property by USDA.
- You can only use USDA loans to purchase property or refinance an existing USDA loan
Senior Loan Officer