February 1, 2019
Single Family Housing Direct Loan and Grant Programs
We now have an enacted Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 continuing resolution that provides short-term funding for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Rural Development. As we begin an orderly start-up of our loan and grant activities for FY 2019, we thank you for your patience and support during the period in which our services were unavailable.
We are taking a proactive and customer-focused approach to prioritizing our activities so that we can resume normal operations as quickly as possible. As Rural Development stakeholders, we will be working closely with you to achieve this goal.
On behalf of the USDA Single Family Housing Direct Programs, we appreciate your continued support and patience.
1. Certificates of Eligibility: USDA will issue a new Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to all
applicants under the Single Family Housing Direct Loan Program who had a valid COE
on December 21, 2018. This includes any COE that was under an allowable extension on
this date. The new certificates, which will be issued by the field staff as soon as possible,
will allow the applicants additional time to locate a home within their qualification
amount and submit the needed documentation to the agency now that normal operations
have been resumed.
2 . Self-Help Housing: USDA staff are currently working on a 2019 Funding Plan for the
Section 523 Self-Help Housing Program pending full year appropriations. Operating
grantees may continue to work with eligible applicants, process applications, and resume
construction activities delayed by the lapse in funding. Technical & Management
Assistance (T&MA) Contractors are authorized to resume services as well.
3. Repair Loans and Grants: Repair loan and grant funds are available for processing,
approval, and closings. Applicants with immediate health and safety hazards such as
inoperable heating systems will receive priority.
4. New 502 Direct Loans: Based on appropriations received thus far in Fiscal Year 2019,
which are applicable through February 15, 2019, USDA has had severely restricted levels
of funding available for new 502 Direct loans. USDA does not anticipate being able to
obligate new 502 Direct loans until the next Fiscal Year 2019 appropriation bill is passed.
Thank you for your support of the USDA Single Family Housing Direct Loan and Grant Programs. We look forward to serving you and the needs of rural communities.
Single Family Housing
For Program Information
- 2018 Kentucky USDA Rural Housing Income and Loan Limits
- 2019 Kentucky USDA RHS Guidelines
- 2019 usda income limits kentucky
- 502 Guaranteed Loan
- Government Shutdown USDA Loans KY
- Guaranteed Section 502 Loans
- GUS Accept Findings USDA
- Homes for Sale (Foreclosures owned by USDA/RHS KY
- USDA /Rural Housing Loan Offices in Ky
- USDA RURAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECT HOUSING LOANS