Sites must be modest and developed in accordance with any standards imposed by a State or local government. Therefore, the lender must verify that the following requirements are met at the time of application.
- Site size The site size must be typical for the area. (Some acreage is fine as long as it is normal and the appraisal has comparable sales with similar acreage)
- Income-Producing Buildings. The property must not include buildings designed and to be used principally for income-producing purposes. For example barns, silos, greenhouses, or livestock facilities used primarily for income producing agricultural, farming or commercial enterprise are ineligible. However, barn, silos, livestock facilities or greenhouses no longer in use for a commercial operation, used for storage, and outbuildings such as storage sheds are permitted if they are not used primarily for income producing agricultural, farming or commercial enterprise. A minimal income-producing activity, such as maintaining a garden that generates a small amount of additional income, does not violate this requirement. Home-based operations such as childcare, product sales, or craft production that do not require specific features are not restricted. A qualified property must be predominantly residential in use, character and appearance.
- Income-Producing Land. The site must not have income-producing land that will be used principally for income producing purposes. Vacant land or properties used primarily for agricultural, farming or commercial enterprise are ineligible. Sites that have income-producing characteristics (e.g. large tracts of arable land ready for planting) are considered income-producing property. However maintaining a garden for personal use is not in violation of this requirement. A minimal income-producing activity, such as a garden that could generate a small amount of additional income does not violate this requirement. A qualified property must be predominantly residential in use, character and appearance.
- Site Specifications. The site must be contiguous to and have direct access from a street, road, or driveway. Streets and roads must be hard surfaced or all weather surfaced and legally enforceable arrangements must be in place to ensure that needed maintenance will be provided.
- Utilities. The site must be supported by adequate utilities and water and wastewater disposal systems.
phone: (502) 905-3708
The view and opinions stated on this website belong solely to the authors, and are intended for informational purposes only.
The posted information does not guarantee approval, nor does it comprise full underwriting guidelines. This does not represent being part of a government agency.
- 100% Financing Zero Down
- 502 Guaranteed Loan
- Guaranteed Section 502 Loans
- Homes for Sale (Foreclosures owned by USDA/RHS KY
- Homes for Sale in Kentucky by USDA
- kentucky first time home buyer
- Property Eligilibity
- Property/Appraisal Requirements for USDA Loan
- Rural Development loan
- septic test
- well test